Located in the heart of Miami’s financial district, The Shops at Mary Brickell Village offers an eclectic mix of upscale dining, shopping and entertainment options for the sophisticated shopper. The center, designed around a “village” like setting with lush vegetation, water features and entertainment venues offers 195,000 square feet of retail space, a 800 space parking garage and two public plazas surrounded by mature oak and mahogany trees.
Offering everything from Mexican to Asian, Seafood to Italian Cuisine, The Shops at Mary Brickell Village is a dining mecca that offers over 10 eateries. These include P.F.Changs, Rosa Mexicano, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Grimpa Steakhouse, , Balans, Blue Martini and Starbucks; not to mention the exciting addition of Fado Irish Pub and Cavas Wine Bar.
Retailers include Village Humidor, Sowinski Jewelers, Jared M., Edward Biener Eyewear, Studio LX, Brickell Jewelers, , Toni & Guy Hairdressing and Joanna Paige. Top off with personal services such as Mortar & Pestle Pharmacy, Publix Supermarket and the LA Fitness Signature Club to name a few.
The Shops at Mary Brickell Village is owned and operated by Ivanhoe Cambridge, one of Canada’s leading property owners, managers, developers and investors. Ivanhoe Cambridge focuses on high quality shopping centers located in urban areas across Canada and in the United States. For more information about Ivanhoe Cambridge visit www.ivanhoecambridge.com
In 1870, Mary Brickell along with her husband William, opened a trading post on the banks of the South Miami River, where goods were traded with the Seminole Indians. The Brickells would purchase deer skins and alligator hides from the Indians with cash while the Indians would in turn spend this cash on calico, beads and sewing machines, all sold by the Brickells. This heralded the start of development for the area.
In 1908, William Brickell passed away and Mary Brickell developed the land alongside the bay and called it “Millionaire’s Row.” In 1911, she developed Brickell Avenue and in 1912 sold 130 acres of land to James Deering, who later constructed Vizcaya. By January 1922, Mary Brickell began development on an area known as ‘The Roads” and eventually the Brickell family owned all of the coastal land between the Miami River and Coconut Grove. The area became so prestigious that it was soon one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Miami.
Today the mansions that characterized the Brickell area in the past have given way to office buildings, luxury hotels and condominiums. However, one thing has remained the same throughout, that is Mary Brickell’s vision of the area being the center of commerce for Greater Miami.